• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.

event //Odd Signal Detected\\

17 posts in this topic

// \\

The signal stands out from the white noise that is the omnipresent radio static. Most would find it unintelligible, others think it just interference. Some however, would pick up on the notes of language of some sort being used in the shifting tones of the ominous signal.

The signal has been playing for months it would seem, only now finally reaching levels able to be picked up by conventional radios. Translators would cipher the signal as Hyperian in origin, a thought to be dead language of the planet of the machines, but many words do not translate well. Regardless, words that can be ciphered from Hyperian are as follows:

“Black --- besieged ----- substantial ----- --- -- --- primes ---- catastrophic ---- -- ---- Help.”

The signal repeats endlessly, though quality fades in and out as time goes on. It can be traced back to an uncharted system on the borders of Ociapex and Fringe space. What noble adventurer or mighty bandit will answer the call?

\\ //

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOC Bit Starts Here~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whats this? A forum post by Dekerrex? I know right its been a while! Anywho, who's up for a neat little Event myself and a few contributors have been putting together for a lil while now? Because that's whats going on here. Its nothing big but There'll be interesting story, lovely foreshadowing, and IC rewards for those who see it through! To enter just apply here with the format below. There will be a character limit though, just to avoid overcrowding, though if you have a team with someone else you may bring them along. First come first serve.

Application form (Done for both your character and for team's character if applicable)

Character Name:
Discord ID: (so I can add you to the server)
Purpose: (character's reason for following the signal, just so we can prep ample rewards and side-scenarios)
Consent: (It is a possibility that your character may sustain injury from mere scratches to perhaps fatal blows. just let us know if you consent to death just in case so we don't have any issues if that comes up. Won't be permanent.)

Character Slots

1. Lange AvaliceNPC
  2. ATL-452
  3. Valadrien Alastur
  4. Ndra
  5. SAM
  6. Ralai'Kahor
  7. ME-597723-β
  8. Silent Akio

Event is being held 2:00PM EST on Friday, July 7th until further notice. if one or two people cannot make it but the rest can we may drop them out and replace them with the late comers. If more people than that cannot make it we will adjust time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Name: Lange Avalice

Discord ID: Lange#0388
Purpose: Investigating the Hyperian signal, as it relates to him. Vagobot/Hyperian, he believes something related to him may be there.
Consent: With Haven being closed off to him, I'm basically fucked server-wise anyway so yeah, full consent.

Character Name: ATL- 452
Discord ID: you have me
Purpose:  The robot is being sent because Atlas has interest in the signals. The robot has been upgraded in terms of chassis and level of VI. It's meant to last given the unsure nature of the signal.
Consent: It's a robot, go nuts.

Character Name: Valadrien Alastur
Discord ID:  Dorfus#6612
Purpose: He had heard of the Hyperians before, and he believes his creators were related to them. That's why he's investigating this signal, to find more about who the fuck made him. No he wasn't a test subject don't worry I'm not that edgy.
Consent: as long as we don't find anything explosive or massive I don't think anyone will be severely injured so why not, been some time since I did an event anyway, so yeah go for it dude

Character Name: Ndra
Discord ID:  Justice133#5583
Purpose:  Knowing only that the language came from a race of machines, he hopes to find any lost technology that could be incorporated into modern day technology.
Consent: Yeah, I give my full consent.

Character Name: S.A.M.
Discord ID:NublarRex#5337
Purpose: Her propose is to help those around her benefit and she can learn and translate almost any language. As well as process information faster and scan things
Consent: I fully consent to death an injury

Character Name: Ralai'Hakor
Discord ID:  Yz#5702
Purpose: Heard stories of Hyperia, and was interested in the conflict regarding them. A point of interest for him. Nothing to obsess over. Just something to put on a bucket list. Learning more about it. And upon discovering the signal, decided to follow it.
Consent: Yes to everything.

Posted (edited)

Team Echo

Character Name: ME-597723-β (Moonear) and OF-544678-β (Officer)
Discord ID: KHAOS#0633 and sticky★crud#5302
Purpose: The Echo Administration is a curious organization that researches all aspects of realspace. Considering this signal is rather new and mysterious, Moonear and Officer has been dispatched to discover the origins of the signal (or distress in this case), and act under the administration's will. The Echo Administration is very thirsty for knowledge, and they plan to quench that thirst.
Consent: Consent is for pus- putty tats. Let do this.

Edited by Khaos
added teammate

Posted (edited)

Character Name: Silent Akio

Discord ID: R0b0_5n4k3 #3456

Purpose: General curiousity

Consent: Yeah go nuts, just make sure it's at least somewhat fair.

Edited by Slither
edited consent

All slots full. Some may open up later if time constraints disallow members from attending.

Aw fuck, I was literally writing my app.

good luck with the event tho

Character Name: Annabelli
Discord ID: Maginorbavon #9957
Purpose: To investigate the signal, and to find a dead language and find out what happened to the people who are sending the signal.
Consent: Everything but death.

(Also, just applying because I want to get in, and am trying to also get in with Slither as a teammate. Hopefully that works, or somebody drops out.)

(Just in case a slot opens up.)

Character Name: Polyima Avalice
Discord ID: ZachChase#0298
Purpose: To make sure her husband, Lange, doesn't die without her. Also to get some cool shit I guess; cool weapons/materials are always awesome.  
Consent: Hit me with your best shot.

((Lange has been NPC'd  Annabelli cannot participate. Polyima has been denied entry as per request of lange.))

10 minutes ago, Dekerrex said:

((Lange has been dropped out. Annabelli has been put in his place. Polyima has been denied entry as per request of lange.))

((Correction - Semi-NPC'd.))

Character Name: Jennifer Florentine
Discord ID: (so I can add you to the server)- jasjas123#2376
Purpose: (character's reason for following the signal, just so we can prep ample rewards and side-scenarios)- So I can find where Valadrien came from and also to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
Consent: (It is a possibility that your character may sustain injury from mere scratches to perhaps fatal blows. just let us know if you consent to death just in case so we don't have any issues if that comes up. Won't be permanent.)  -Sure I consent

Character Name: Morgan Snip

Discord ID: Nin #0569

Purpose: Adventure, duh.

Consent: Everything.