Report on R.Y.A.N for Godmoding, asspulling and metagaming.

52 posts in this topic

There is no way to prove that this would have all been the case if no report was made. Etc.

But I suppose the question is if they want to accept the badge is in their stuff. Or persue this further 

2 minutes ago, Kixur said:

There is no way to prove that this would have all been the case if no report was made. Etc.

But I suppose the question is if they want to accept the badge is in their stuff. Or persue this further 

I don't wish to accept that it's in there. From just looking at the raw RP logs and with no context, having it be there suddenly would just be retconning it.

Okay. Going down this path means that he'd probably have the badge. And this situation continues. Though I'm honestly not sure it's the best idea. I think both sides should stop interacting with each other as soon as possible to avoid further heating this situation.

38 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

It's also common sense, and what any normal person would do, to just say 'Yeah uh it's inorm already' when asked to return it.

Sorry. The quote wont go away.

Aside that i refruse to go along that. He did leave his stuff along his gear. Java icly was told Carl was going to resign to begin with. I have been saying i dont have it because i dont. Not to avoid jack shit. And you got survailence proof. Without even checking after and asking me what you found. Not going to do this just to satisfy your needs. Without any offense given. He did that. Thats that. I am not going to alter my roleplay since i got far too into it. Just accept how it actually went. Eitherway i am too sick right now to even continue this.

1 hour ago, Kixur said:

I do fail to understand the point of tracking him outside the system. He refused to hand in his badge. But he can still be purged from official records. So his badge would be meaningless. 

Yeah I agree completely there. The only reason to track him would be to see if he's still on Haven. Once he's like, y'know, out of there- there's no point at all.

4 minutes ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

Just accept how it actually went. 

mXgMdEouT7OqylWfGulZpg.png

How it actually did go was Carl refusing to hand over the badge. Yes. I do accept that. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

mXgMdEouT7OqylWfGulZpg.png

How it actually did go was Carl refusing to hand over the badge. Yes. I do accept that. Thank you.

No. Like i said. We timed our messages wrong. You dont even show what you said before. Which i refused to. I didnt say i refuse to hand over my badge.

You didnt allow me finishing my actions. You should've seen i was writing. And you didn'tand posted. And on that time i did post too.

Exact same goes for the nexus chat which was spiralling out of control. No time given for me to properly reply. Or defend my case.

Ps: read my ic message carefully. It was directed to the 3 week team building course. Thats what i refrused.

51 minutes ago, Kixur said:

1 hour ago, Kixur said:

Yeah. The wording makes it seem like he still has it. And... Considering these events. It's hard to just accept that was the plan all along. 

Regardless. I'm going by the order of events. And the fact is that I need to objectively not take the stuff that happened after the report as evidence. Because it's not something that can be proven to me was the original intent. Even if I suspect your intentions were right. And it was going to happen this way all along. I can't just ignore the phrase "I'd rather not" in the dialog. I need evidence to counter that. Evidence that doesn't come after this report. 

How long ago did this start? When carl contacted to join. Etc. 

15 minutes ago, Kixur said:

Regardless. I'm going by the order of events. And the fact is that I need to objectively not take the stuff that happened after the report as evidence. Because it's not something that can be proven to me was the original intent. Even if I suspect your intentions were right. And it was going to happen this way all along. I can't just ignore the phrase "I'd rather not" in the dialog. I need evidence to counter that. Evidence that doesn't come after this report. 

How long ago did this start? When carl contacted to join. Etc. 

Ps: read my ic message carefully. It was directed to the 3 week team building course. Thats what i refrused.

Screenshot_20170617-202346.png

As you can see. Carl replied to the course thing. Which he denied first by request and then replied to the message in person to nake it somewhat more formal and mature in the situation. And not to the badge.

Ohhh. I see now. 

Just to make sure. This course wasn't training to be a guard. But a scheduled thing for all guards to undertake. Right? 

1 minute ago, Kixur said:

Ohhh. I see now. 

Just to make sure. This course wasn't training to be a guard. But a scheduled thing for all guards to undertake. Right? 

Nah. Some stuff was icly going down and they requested carl to do a 3 weeks team building and leadership which he refused twice.

..Okay. Last time I ask. Are you guys sure you won't be able to come to a compromise? Because if not I'll force a resolution. But it will more than likely take from both sides. 

3 minutes ago, Kixur said:

..Okay. Last time I ask. Are you guys sure you won't be able to come to a compromise? Because if not I'll force a resolution. But it will more than likely take from both sides. 

I am standing my ground. I am not going along the lines. Carl in advance is already with the USCM dividion in ICIF.

Carl can have his stuff where you say it is. But I'm also letting the police force take his behavior however they want. If they feel his behavior is enough to keep watch for him. Or search for him for answers for his behavior. They can. Which could mean restricted Haven access until he complies with them. Or whatnot. It will be under their discretion should he be sighted.

Its not my preferred choice. But it's the best one I can think of that allows both sides power in what they want to a degree.

35 minutes ago, Kixur said:

Carl can have his stuff where you say it is. But I'm also letting the police force take his behavior however they want. If they feel his behavior is enough to keep watch for him. Or search for him for answers for his behavior. They can. Which could mean restricted Haven access until he complies with them. Or whatnot. It will be under their discretion should he be sighted.

Its not my preferred choice. But it's the best one I can think of that allows both sides power in what they want to a degree.

Sure. I can agree to that. Happy this over.

11 hours ago, Kixur said:

10 hours ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

Sure. I can agree to that. Happy this over.

If Carl's stuff is retconned to be where it's supposed to be, then I'm going to ask that all RP regarding tracking him be voided since the guard has no reason to do so. Aside from that, I'm fine with the resolution. 

2 hours ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

If Carl's stuff is retconned to be where it's supposed to be, then I'm going to ask that all RP regarding tracking him be voided since the guard has no reason to do so. Aside from that, I'm fine with the resolution. 

Then just quit the manhunt icly. It did happen despite what was said. Unless its for the reputation of haven?

not that i care so much.

2 hours ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

Then just quit the manhunt icly. It did happen despite what was said. Unless its for the reputation of haven?

not that i care so much.

No. What you're demanding is that you want Carl to have been chased, but you want to remove the reason for him being chased. It's one or the other. If you want the badge to have been there, any tracking will be voided. If you want them to have tracked him, then they would have if he stole a badge. 

32 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

No. What you're demanding is that you want Carl to have been chased, but you want to remove the reason for him being chased. It's one or the other. If you want the badge to have been there, any tracking will be voided. If you want them to have tracked him, then they would have if he stole a badge. 

I long ago did describe he left his shit, yet you guys chase after him. I am not demanding anything as i told you i dont really care. If you dont want havens reputation to be weirded out. Then you're free to avoid his chase. But i am not going to avoid the 'attempt' of chase.

But i think we should call it ends.

13 minutes ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

I long ago did describe he left his shit, yet you guys chase after him. I am not demanding anything as i told you i dont really care. If you dont want havens reputation to be weirded out. Then you're free to avoid his chase. But i am not going to avoid the 'attempt' of chase.

But i think we should call it ends.

Jesus Christ I'm going to get a stroke talking to you 

You did not describe his shit. If you refuse to void the tracking, then I'm not going to be willing to void that he took the badge. Which is supported by what you wrote and what you neglected to write. 

Just to clarify, since either seemed as though it was a point of confusion here:

Communications on the Nexus work by radio signals going into a Tachyonic relay which are then boosted out as an FTL communication signal. The Nexus is effectively an FTL Internet of smaller electromagnetic communication Internets and networks, much like how our Internet is a wireless network of physically connected and small wireless networks. 

The smallest Tachyonic relays around are those installed in ships, since a ship having its own relay makes it so they can communicate from anywhere, without worry for being too isolated to send something out like a distress signal. 

Due to the way Tachyons work fundamentally as a particle that can move much faster than light, they can be tracked if one has the resources possible and is willing to put the time into it due to their nature of being able to travel nearly anywhere almost instantly and the cherenkov radiation that is emitted by anything that moves faster than light (to greatly generalize how cherenkov radiation works). 

Hope that can clear up some misunderstandings of how communication works on GC. 

Considering to others it was diffrent bit iz fine now. Carl used a PDA anyways. Aside that. It was a chat room. Not a radio frequency.

Edit: Also a other admin agreed to someone elses statement that did seem to know how radio and television works. But it got removed because of one cuss word. But i think this can be locked?

1 hour ago, WowGain said:

Just to clarify, since either seemed as though it was a point of confusion here:

Communications on the Nexus work by radio signals going into a Tachyonic relay which are then boosted out as an FTL communication signal. The Nexus is effectively an FTL Internet of smaller electromagnetic communication Internets and networks, much like how our Internet is a wireless network of physically connected and small wireless networks. 

The smallest Tachyonic relays around are those installed in ships, since a ship having its own relay makes it so they can communicate from anywhere, without worry for being too isolated to send something out like a distress signal. 

Due to the way Tachyons work fundamentally as a particle that can move much faster than light, they can be tracked if one has the resources possible and is willing to put the time into it due to their nature of being able to travel nearly anywhere almost instantly and the cherenkov radiation that is emitted by anything that moves faster than light (to greatly generalize how cherenkov radiation works). 

Hope that can clear up some misunderstandings of how communication works on GC. 

Okay. That had me laughing for a solid 10 minutes and made me want to just let it slide for the sheer stupidity that statement excludes.

But, man. You can't just insert random technical mumbo jumbo like a Tachyonic Relay, FTL communication signal, electromagnetic communication internets and networks and then go up and say "much like how our internet is a wireless network of physically connected and small wireless networks."

Before I say anything about this, I'd like to give you a link to this.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/cherenkov.html

I think it's a very nice piece of read that you could make use of, simply because Cherenkov's radiation isn't something that is given off by anything that moves faster than light. If you were to do a single, simple google search like I have you would see that the phenomenon occurs when a charged molecule moves faster than light in a medium.  It is stated, repeatedly, as if trying to get it through the thick skull of all students that do scientific research, that this occurs when a charged molecule moves faster than light in a medium. To make my case more clear, this is the broadly generalized explanation of Cherenkov's Radiation.

In the example of a water medium the charged particles excite the water molecules, and this causes the medium, which is water in this case, to produce a faint radiation.

You can't generalize how Cherenkov's radiation works, it's a simple as 'horses eat hay'. This simply cannot exist in the vacuum of space due to the fact that the vacuum of space is in fact the absence of a medium. It is a vast void, devoid of particles that can be excited by the charged particles emitted by a nuclear reactor.

Let us assume that the tachyon relays in your system use a nuclear reactor- that- sadly- that still doesn't factor in the cherenkov's radiation to any part of this. It's mere radiation. Space is full of it. Stars in every system pour so much of it that without protection we'd all know you'd have cancer. If, by any chance, you're suggesting that the light created by cherenkovs radiation while someone texts on an online texting service is enough to track someone through an entire galaxy, you're deadly wrong, because that would mean everyone would be carrying a nuclear reactor in their PDA's and they would glow brighter than a Novakid kicked to death by a mule.

Now onto the tachyons shall we move on? Now, I love this subject. I meant hate. I absolutely hate tachyons, and I absolutely hate the way you described something that is so impossibly hard to precisely pinpoint on a grand scale as something so easy to track.

I had given a proper, logical and very much sound explanation to the way a grand intranet (Not internet.)  system could work in my first post, and the admin overseeing this situation said that, would you look at that, I'm not wrong. Which speaks highly of their intelligence compared to someone who tosses in random words in a 5 paragraph text to make it seem legit or stray the reader from the actual point.

HOWEVER, bantering aside, getting back to the topic of tachyons, I'll tell you what I meant when I said impossibly hard to pinpointly track.

"We have found an effect related to the famous Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen phenomenon, in which two distantly separated photons can apparently influence one anothers' behaviors at two distantly separated detectors (see "High-Visibility Interference in a Bell-Inequality Experiment for Energy and Time," by P. G. Kwiat, A. M. Steinberg, and R. Y. Chiao, Physical Review A, Vol. 47, page R2472; 1993). This effect was first predicted theoretically by Prof. J. D. Franson of Johns Hopkins University. We have found experimentally that twin photons emitted from a common source (a down-conversion crystal) behave in a correlated fashion when they arrive at two distant interferometers. This phenomenon can be described as a 'faster-than-light influence' of one photon upon its twin. Because of the intrinsic randomness of quantum phenomena, however, one cannot control whether a given photon tunnels or not, nor can one control whether a given photon is transmitted or not at the final beam splitter. Hence it is impossible to send true signals in faster-than-light communications."

Now, if that confuses you a bit I'll go ahead and drop another quote.

"Because of the uncertainty principle, the photon has a small but very real chance of appearing suddenly on the far side of the barrier, through a quantum effect (the 'tunnel effect') which would seem impossible according to classical physics. The tunnel effect is so fast that it seems to occur faster than light."

Both are from Tachyonlike Excitations in Inverted Two-Level Media' by R. Y. Chiao, A. E. Kozhekin, and G. Kurizki, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 77, page 1254; 1996, and references therein. And yes, I stole these two from ScientificAmerican, but they prove my point well enough. Something I once again got by a very simple google search.

What it essentially means is that you don't think of the tachyons in a grand scale of things. For a system like you mention to be true, and since this is a sci-fi era, we'll say it is and assume that what I'm about to say is something do-able and is already being done, it means that for every letter that you send over the tachyons after mounting the information on them means it is being done repeatedly and repeatedly and repeatedly until the message is put across. Tachyons don't always move faster than light, the uncertainty principle has a small chance to occur, small but very possible. And with tachyons, reusable and basically everywhere, it means you have the resources to send them repeatedly. But, let's be honest here, at the very least 60% of the information you're sending is being repeated through tachyons. Maybe more.

This means that tracking tachyons to find the person you want to seek is a lost cause. Your argument is very much invalid, I'm terribly sorry to say it, but I'm not going to keep my word to myself just because you are an admin.

Why I'm saying this is that because tachyons are basically everywhere and all around us, with everyone texting on everywhere so relentlessly and with top notch memery, it's rather impossible to locate the ones you want, the few pins in the several planets worth of hay, and then rework their coding so that you can send them back to where they came from like a server ping, assuming they'll all get to where they did so you can track them. 

The sad truth is that while the sender has a mass of tachyons he can send to make his point, you on the other hand have only a handful of clues to find where he is, and every time you try to find them your chances diminish, little by little. Tachyons, while convinient, aren't things with magical properties. It's just that highly advanced technology seems like magic until you begin to rationalize.

That's why I'd like to direct your attention to my first post, which talked about how you might proceed to track someone in a more logical way by using the data mounted on the tachyons the servers receive instead of using the tachyons themselves.

Feel free to reach me  @Roxvod on Discord if you have any problems with my reasoning here. 

Okay. First. I'm going to state up front that this setting isn't mega hard-core super science rp. I'm the first to admit I'd rather have fun and be creative over hard science. I like things to make sense and be balanced. But I'll be dammed. If i want to fire tacos out of my butt. I'm going to make it happen so long as it's properly balanced. And explained well enough that it sounds feasible in a pretend Sci fi setting that doesn't adhere only to real life reality. (otherwise novakids wouldn't even exist) 

Anyway. On topic. 

My original plan was to void the whole badge left. And chase thing from the beginning. I decided to leave room for it to continue. But seeing as even that's causing problems I'm just calling it now. 

The badge was left behind. And there was never a chase. Every side move on now.