Report on R.Y.A.N for Godmoding, asspulling and metagaming.

52 posts in this topic

Basically, what kickstarted this scenario is that @R.Y.A.N.'s character, Carl Semky, was fired from the guard and refused to give back the guard badge. The following happened.

O7aqjoYZQnK1lvZXZ0gucQ.png

Attempt at tracking failed. Alright. But what happened next was that Carl Semky began chatting in a Nexus chatroom. Which clearly would give a new way to find him. Through tracking his IP or whatever ships use to connect to the nexus.

FxbPvNdMRj67skYli6GItQ.png

IA44yMnZSVirgGoRBx0Rjw.png

He then began to make claims that his ship was just 'better'. That no matter what we did, we'd fail because his was better. And offered no explanation whatsoever on how his anti-tracking worked, apart from it being 'better'. He then refused to discuss the issue or back down. Or even give a logcial explanation. Apart from this asspulling and godmoding, he metagamed as well, having Carl realize that he was being tracked despite the fact that there's not really a way to tell that you're being traced. Again attributed to his ship being 'better'.

rg6OrS7TTQKS5i-vQuDBAQ.png

VuGAHNiXRViCeYZVeTXoUQ.png

@Kappa, reading the messages, replied with the questions that Khaos stated in the below screenshot. 

fCCvPuGDTNaYCdB7wy4uWg.png

As well as having this to say.

EDaRZBtwTaSa6gJ3U_lKkQ.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

To sum it up, I find that Ryan's actions should be addressed by staff, since he's oh so reluctant to discuss how exactly his magical nexus blocker works. And that his refusal to discuss it properly and his claims of 'no u' be addressed as well. Not possessing basic reasoning skills and refusing to discuss it properly.

Several people can vouch for me below. Those who've seen it.

I vouch, was there to see it.

So. From my understanding. The device he used to connect to the nexus was ditched. Right? Just asking questions first. 

I vouch as well, and have provided the screenshots from mobile.

I will state that the tracking was more or less to pinpoint his location in the Haven system- especially if he were to remain on Haven. Otherwise there's little or no reason to pursue the character. But hunting them down necessary or not, it doesn't excuse a powergame and metagame that have little to no explanation behind them.

1 minute ago, Kixur said:

So. From my understanding. The device he used to connect to the nexus was ditched. Right? Just asking questions first. 

Yes. For no real good IC reason, since he probably wouldn't be able to tell that he was being tracked. Another case of metagaming.

If you'd trackdown a military pda. You'll surely notice and ditch it. A reasonable person would. Considering the last message of the report is ironic. I surely was cooperative. Just wanted it to bring to a ooc group chat. Or private to avoid peoples iclys annoyance. You guys didnt agree.

I agree with Roxvod and I'm going to be honest. Just because the Haven Guard is a staff faction it doesn't mean they can stop everyone and do everything perfectly. This is 3284 not 2017. It's easier to escape from a police force that resides in a moon when there's a whole galaxy out there and you can travel around it with a ship.

28 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

Yes. For no real good IC reason, since he probably wouldn't be able to tell that he was being tracked. Another case of metagaming.

I don't know if I can buy that at face value. The fringe and it's history shows that stuff like that is normal. Plus if his military background checks out. Then him being cautious isn't far fetched. 

As for the ship. If it checks out that he has a military grade ship. I can understand a police force (with what if assume is a police force style budget)  having a hard time getting to him. Absolutely not impossible. But I'd say it would take longer then this. 

Ryan saying it's always better etc. Is obviously a bit much. A police force requesting more resources for this would go a long way. Even if they didn't, and had a grudge. They will be able to locate him. I just don't think they'd be able to in such a short time icly

28 minutes ago, Khaos said:

I will state that the tracking was more or less to pinpoint his location in the Haven system- especially if he were to remain on Haven. Otherwise there's little or no reason to pursue the character. But hunting them down necessary or not, it doesn't excuse a powergame and metagame that have little to no explanation behind them.

I do fail to understand the point of tracking him outside the system. He refused to hand in his badge. But he can still be purged from official records. So his badge would be meaningless. 

Anyway. Tldr;

If his background and ship are what they are. I can't see the police getting to him that easily/quickly. But I also don't believe it's impossible. In fact I think it's totally possible. Just not within the time frame given. 

Though if anyone has more info to add. Please do. 

@Roxvod We appreciate some of that input but there's no reason to call him a "spastic retard" over a dispute about RP. Keep it civil please. 

Never said i was better. I was trying to reason. And its hard when others shit post over and over to mess up what i mean. Never said i was better. And even gave a option they are both parties equally good. I wasn't rude. Or being trolly.

I'll go ahead and add this because people posted 2 lines of text just vouching without giving a proper reason, or looking for a logic behind the words said. When you see the word "probably" in an out of character conversation that regards an IC matter, please be mindful of the word's meaning.

Most likely: presumably.

Which doesn't mean it happened, so don't go around screaming "muh metagames", and have a shred of decency. Otherwise, let us pretend it did happen, and I hope it did happen, that brings me to my second subject on this matter.

594555c1167e5_ss(2017-06-17at06.57.27).p

You're trying to tell me that military grade- let me reword myself- HUMAN top grade military equipment of a ship isn't tracking proof, or that it won't signal the user if someone, by some grand magic, even if it's nigh-impossible in the way you stated, tries to track them won't tell the user of a possible hacking attempt? Are you seriously doubting the paranoia of a human-made vessel, or did your special snowflake praying mantis blood stirred some shit in your thorax?

@Nemo I know I'm being a bit over the top with the insults, sure, but the same goes for them. I'm just treating someone the say way they're treating other people.

4 minutes ago, Kixur said:

I do fail to understand the point of tracking him outside the system. He refused to hand in his badge. But he can still be purged from official records. So his badge would be meaningless. 

Refer to the quote below.

35 minutes ago, Khaos said:

But yeah that's the only thing I felt the need to point out about your statement. I'm fine with the solution being what you mentioned below. That it not be absolutely impossible like he made it out to be, but taking several OOC days or something.

7 minutes ago, Kixur said:

I can't see the police getting to him that easily/quickly. But I also don't believe it's impossible. In fact I think it's totally possible. Just not within the time frame given. 

Ryan is now trying to twist things, to make it so that the guard has no reason to chase Semky. He's trying to retcon things through OOC lies. 

unknown.png

image.png

image.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

As you can see, he's now making it out as Carl having done as requested, to remove the guards justification for going after him. Trying to influence IC interactions by lying about things OOC.

Because i did bud. Check the discord barracks chat. Carl handed over his shit and is icly inside the barracks. You never allowed me to finish properly in our chat. When i was talking it seemed i disagreed with handing over my stuff. But i long done it if you track back when i ditched my uniform inside the barracks chat. You literally should check that out to see if my crap is inside the uniform.  

Ps: its not cool to remove evidence from other people interveined with this. Whoever thats doing.

Posted (edited)

Also. Rox isn't wrong about the iPs.

The nexus forum on the forums. And the chat on discord is a Civspace service which is used essentially everywhere. I can't say this anyone's fault if they didn't know. So I'm going to see about making it clear in the future. IPs aren't just displayed on everyone's nexus posts and chats. You'd have to go through the company that has the info. And have them give it to you. Again. This is all info that got buried and forgotten over the years. So it's nobody's fault. But it's clear that we need to make nexus lore/basic info. We should have ages ago.

Anyway-

35 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

Ryan is now trying to twist things, to make it so that the guard has no reason to chase Semky. He's trying to retcon things through OOC lies. 

unknown.png

image.png

image.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

As you can see, he's now making it out as Carl having done as requested, to remove the guards justification for going after him. Trying to influence IC interactions by lying about things OOC.

29 minutes ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

Because i did bud. Check the discord barracks chat. Carl handed over his shit and is icly inside the barracks. You never allowed me to finish properly in our chat. When i was talking it seemed i disagreed with handing over my stuff. But i long done it if you track back when i ditched my uniform inside the barracks chat. You literally should check that out to see if my crap is inside the uniform.

W-wait what. 

Edited by Kixur

@Kixur The backstory checks out, ship and background included as I was around when it was being formed, but unlike my char which defected from the USCM, he stayed until the end.
In regards to the report, a police force having the means to track a military class vessel is like saying a cop is able to track a CIA agent who's overseas, or tracking a sub in the arctic circle in WW2 it'd take ages to even get a start, clearances and shit included. So in regards to the report?

Both sides handled it poorly, and asspulled to a degree. The guard in regards to tracking them, and Ryan in regards to simply putting "mine is better"

Neither side is innocent in my opinion, and I admit I didn't help much

9 minutes ago, Kixur said:

W-wait what. 

17 minutes ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

Ps: its not cool to remove evidence from other people interveined with this. Whoever thats doing.

You abruptly ended the Ic chat. You never stated that it was with your uniform. When requested to return it IC, you said:

"I rather not. If you expect me to do a course for this shit, You can fuck off pal. I've been a staff sergeant in the USCM, Proper missions done, Like i said. Learn to brief your staff asshole."

A simple "It's in my uniform." would have sufficed. You seem to again be trying to retcon it and asspull it being there. Either that, or it was a genuine communication error you could have mentioned OOC at that point in the conversation yet failed to do so. 

Tmc01udGSXGb2V8SqNFQIQ.png

11 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

You abruptly ended the Ic chat. You never stated that it was with your uniform. When requested to return it IC, you said:

"I rather not. If you expect me to do a course for this shit, You can fuck off pal. I've been a staff sergeant in the USCM, Proper missions done, Like i said. Learn to brief your staff asshole."

A simple "It's in my uniform." would have sufficed. You seem to again be trying to retcon it and asspull it being there. Either that, or it was a genuine communication error you could have mentioned OOC at that point in the conversation yet failed to do so. 

Tmc01udGSXGb2V8SqNFQIQ.png

Yeah. The wording makes it seem like he still has it. And... Considering these events. It's hard to just accept that was the plan all along. 

I put that as in survailence perspective. Not in person. If you were curious. You shouldve checked ahead.

4 minutes ago, R.Y.A.N. said:

I put that as in survailence perspective. Not in person. If you were curious. You shouldve checked ahead.

Not convincing.

7 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

Not convincing.

Isnt it common sense to check after if he even did left it? It would've been obvious for me.

Just now, R.Y.A.N. said:

Isnt it common sense to check after if he even did left it? It would've been obvious for me.

It's also common sense, and what any normal person would do, to just say 'Yeah uh it's in my uniform already' when asked to return it.

5 minutes ago, ITS JKUMP: AIWn said:

It's also common sense, and what any normal person would do, to just say 'Yeah uh it's in my uniform already' when asked to return it.

You looked after it. You saw the survailence and asked after. Aside that our messages were definitly timed wrong. 

Just now, R.Y.A.N. said:

You looked after it. You saw the survailence and asked after. Aside that our messages were definitly timed wrong. 

mXgMdEouT7OqylWfGulZpg.png

Vehemently refusing to.