H.N.I.C

7 posts in this topic

Name: H.N.I.C

Description: A modified N.I.C Chip made to allow connection to and hacking of nearby networks and wireless devices

Abilities: Same as a high quality N.I.C But with the added ability to connect to nearby wireless devices and networks in an attempt to hack them this requires some time depending on the device (A door is far easier than an AI)

Conditional Abilities (Optional): Same as N.I.C, Hacking speed varies based on the skill of the user at coding and hacking, therefore there is no real set speed

Limitations: While in use for hacking it renders the user nearly immobile and oblivious to their surroundings, Its range is roughly 40 feet when not piggybacking on a network, All those of the N.I.C

Conditional Limitations (Optional): Once a connection is made it is possible to overpower the user, If an AI is installed their functionality is lowered during hacking, All those of the N.I.C

How does it work: Its effectively the same as an N.I.C with a wireless connection to allow the user to enter foreign systems

Flavor text: An N.I.C for hacker men, Go hack the planet

Referenced Technologies (Optional): N.I.C

Attainability:   Open (Provided someone could figure out how to make it, It wouldn't be too hard the main issue would be fitting it in a persons skull and having an understanding of the technology)

Tags:  [Military] (Original inventor intended it for criminal activity however the current owner intends to use it for the opposite)

Category: Tools

Edited: Noted that the hack speed is largely skill based

That's the only real edit I plan on making

Hey there, just a few questions about this application.

So, given that it has wireless capabilities, could this not allow for the person with the chip installed to also be compromised if one was able to access it via an unsecured network? Does this device come with software that allows for brute-forcing or other malicious actions to be taken against a network or a device that it is attempting to access? Is this solely a neural-link device meant for organics, or can it be installed onto androids as well?

Additionally, I recommend that this be reclassified under the Tools category.

Pending.

@Lucian

2 hours ago, WowGain said:

Hey there, just a few questions about this application.

So, given that it has wireless capabilities, could this not allow for the person with the chip installed to also be compromised if one was able to access it via an unsecured network? Does this device come with software that allows for brute-forcing or other malicious actions to be taken against a network or a device that it is attempting to access? Is this solely a neural-link device meant for organics, or can it be installed onto androids as well?

Additionally, I recommend that this be reclassified under the Tools category.

Pending.

@Lucian

1. Yes, It retains that as an issue from the original NHI

2. It varies, It could easily be installed, but its not in there by default (Most of the N.I.C things are just templates)

3. You could install it onto an android