Hello, I am new here

9 posts in this topic

Hello, so I am new here to this server and site, I read up that this is a RP server but I just wanted to also check if I was able to just play without rping, I dont mind it but I just am not very good at it personally but would love a server I could just casually play on :) 

Anyhow besides that, I really enjoy this game, my favorite race is Avian, I hope to meet some very nice players in game and it is nice to meet you :)

Hi!

We don't currently have any sandbox mode worlds, our Starbound server is entirely RP, sorry!

Due to the way we do restarts etc, worlds are reset from backup often and so any planets you build on may end up being rolled back or removed entirely.

Feel free to drop by the discord server.

I really do not mind resets mostly I'd probably only build on a planet in single player but love to explore with others :)

2 minutes ago, RivaHakushia said:

I really do not mind resets mostly I'd probably only build on a planet in single player but love to explore with others :)

If you do build in single player, we can add the planet as a private hub to roleplay on.

Or, if it's got some really cool lore behind it (most players write a hefty codex full of story about the place when making hubs), it could be on the public teleporter system.

People do have the occasional exploration party as a roleplay thing, but that's usually on discord.

Going around and exploring on random worlds on server can cause lag, I think.

If you want to explore, just invite those people to a private single player game. The main focus of this server is text based roleplay, so if you aren't here for that, you're basically missing out on everything we do here.

fair enough although I never said I wouldn't RP I am just not very good at it, I was more or less looking to see if it was a possibility to play with others casually now and then as hosting sp requires adding people to steam and sometimes I am unavailable to host [due to timezones] or have friends who can't host, But no worries I will keep looking, thank you for the responses.

1 hour ago, RivaHakushia said:

fair enough although I never said I wouldn't RP I am just not very good at it, I was more or less looking to see if it was a possibility to play with others casually now and then as hosting sp requires adding people to steam and sometimes I am unavailable to host [due to timezones] or have friends who can't host, But no worries I will keep looking, thank you for the responses.

It's also possible to form a discord chat group and roleplay out encounters on other planets, or perhaps starting a play-by-post RP on the forums, if you're looking for RPing big adventure scenarios. These generally require a little more preparation, however.

Regardless, welcome to GC!