• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.
    • ~ Remember to Vote for the Server! ~   07/05/2016

https://starbound-servers.net/server/185/
    • -= To all New Players =-   10/02/2016

Welcome to Galaxy Citizen, new player! Feel free to introduce yourself, and read our guides on RP if you need to, check out our lore and get a feel for it, and remember to contact any of our staff if you need anything. GC is a serious roleplay server which means we cater to users who enjoy immersive roleplay both on the server and even off of it. Remember to read our rules for both OOC and IC matters and to be courteous to others. Other than that, to get started, just go to the Outpost and check out the Two-Stop teleporter for our list of player-made hubs - you can also spawn your own hub teleporter by going into singleplayer, and after typing /admin, doing '/spawnitem 2stoptele' and placing it.  If you like it here a lot, remember to vote and help us keep up! also, remember good grammar

~  @PrivateNomad, friendly neighborhood CM
    • =Current Weekly Update=   03/11/2017

• New Discord!   04/28/2017

For various reasons, we've moved to a new Discord. Follow this link to gain access. Just a note, the Dark Citizen rank is no more, as Discord has new rules about NSFW chats. It'll now ask you to confirm you are 18+. https://discord.gg/qqaN8pG

Outrun Radio feat. DJ Cherry

10 posts in this topic

// Somewhere, in the depths of the Nexus Net, a small website appears overnight. Styled much like an old blog of days long past, it only features a dark gray background with light gray text. On the left-hand side of the page is what presumably is going to be a visible archive of posts, the right displays a live text only comments section, and in the dead center is a single white play button. Upon being pressed, a steady beat would play out from the speakers and a transcript in yellow text begins. //

---

“A long-ass time ago in a galaxy a long ways away, humans were very fixated on the concept of the future and tales of science fiction that previously only existed within the imaginations of the greatest creative artists. Then the future came, and now it’s hard to tell what anyone looks forward to anymore. Me? I look at the past. Nobody here is old enough to remember those good old days, and the only thing we have left are ancient relics. But, man, are they cool. Especially the music. DJs used to say that they’d bring the music of the future today. But I’m DJ Cherry and I’ll be bringing you the music of the past. Ahaha.”

There’s a brief silence, broken by the obvious loud clacking of plastic against plastic. CD cases. DJ Cherry hummed directly into the mic, pressed a button, and the sound of whirr filled the radio silence. She then resumed in her confident, raspy tone.

“Speaking of DJs, it seems that our beloved Street Beat radio host Rad Red stopped broadcasting a while ago. Whispers in the nebula say he’s temporarily moved onto greener pastures, so there’s still hope that he’ll return with that jive y’all know and love. In the meantime, I’ll be providing chill beats and blood-pumping tunes on Outrun Radio with some occasional news about good ol’ Fringe-tier Justice.

In recent news, Attack Club’s resident mute finally bit the dust a few days ago after days of allegedly provoking authorities, successfully escaping, and then engaging in a brawl. As far as I know, nobody’s claimed responsibility for the slaying of the thug. Probably a good thing, too. I can imagine the remnants of the club would be all too happy to dole out some beatings of their own. Rest in peace, Loner, you beautiful panther-masked bastard. This one’s for you, ‘Humans Are Such Easy Prey’ by Perturbator.”

Her mic clicked off audibly, then the intense synth sounds pervaded the transmission, ushering in the first broadcast of the new, unknown DJ.

// User 'CrocDude54' gives a like and a reply. //

Tough bastard. Must mean his killer's somethin' special. Would love't nail 'im myself.

// POST TERMINATE //

DJ Cherry's voice flickers back to life after the song ends and replies directly to the user's comment on air. The words are also typed in the comment box in case the user misses the live broadcast.

"Haha, you've got more guts than I do. I'm a bit squeamish myself; can't handle the sight of blood unless I'm fucked up. You know how it is."

The station resumes its idle beats.

//User SH_ML posts//

"Loner was finally taken down several days ago by a combined effort of the Haven Guard and a few Fringe-goers who happened to be nearby at the time and were willing and brave enough to take action. Loner's final moments are depicted in the following footage, which - I will warn you - is not for the faint of heart:"

//Footage begins playing; in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, the words "Ceruliite A-2631/'Angel'" can be seen - presumably, the person who is taking the footage. There is a small group of people a couple of yards away from Little Joe's Pub, with general cries of What's going on? ringing throughout the crowd. Suddenly, three people emerge from the bar - some might identify them as Lost RebornLange Avalice, and Protector Zip, the latter of whom seems to be quite damaged and missing a head. All three turn and ready their weapons - Lost and Lange, plasma blades, and Zip, an assault rifle of some kind, it's difficult to tell from this distance.//

//All at once, Loner appears, carrying an injured Smokey on one shoulder and a shotgun in the other hand. Loner fires his weapon into Lange just as Lost, Lange, and Zip all attack nearly simultaneously, landing heavy wounds on the panther mask-wearing dude. Perhaps out of desperation or, more likely, with some kind of strategy in mind, Loner turns and fires his shotgun into the pub, which results in an impressive explosion which sends Loner's attackers flying, while also forcing Loner to the ground with heavy injuries.//

//The person still shooting this footage - Angel - glances over to Lost, on the opposite side of the heavily damaged pub, hurt and struggling to get up. Whether on some kind of suppressed instinct or rage at seeing the cyan man hurt, Angel rushes forward, picks up Lange's plasma blade which had fallen away from Dr. Edgelord somehow, and proceeded to run up to Loner's damaged body. The footage stops just as the person recording is about to bring the plasma blade down on the panther-masked marauder's head.//

// User SH_ML's post in the text-only comment section is only up for about a half hour before it is removed by, supposedly, website owner DJ Cherry herself. An audio snippet is added to the on-going audio only stream along with a comment transcription. //

"Not cool, man. This is mainly a music broadcast run by yours truly with snippet of non-graphic news. Keep your gore flicks in your preferred corners of the net; I'll keep my music and cool articles in mine."

The sharp snap of gum popping is heard.

"Sorry about that, folks. Here's a little something to cleanse your palate."

// DJ Cherry's transcription text font in the center of the page is now green as she resumes active streaming after several hours of idle background music. //

“Rise and shine, space cowboys and galactic damsels. Time to shake off that raging hangover, get the fix to ease that itch, and do it aaaallllllll over again. To help get that motivation up from your mandatory nightly coma, I’m bringing a little bit of Danger to start your day. Because who doesn’t like a little of that here in the Fringe, eh? I can’t count on my fingers and toes the number of times I woke up to a gun in my face, hahahahaaaah. Anyway, here’s Danger with ‘3h16’. Keep your gun close and your enemies far, far away.”

// Today DJ Cherry's transcription text is lavender today as the broadcast returns just in time for the weekend. //

"Sorry for the short absence last night. I had some personal business to attend to, mainly rifling through all these CDs and cassettes to find something suitable for you. The past few tunes have been awfully similar, haven't they? After a while it all kind of bleeds together and you can't tell when one song ends and another begins. So it's about time I mix it up. Here's an M Machine remix of 'DNA' by Empire of the Sun."

// DJ Cherry's voice fades in just as the song ends, humming the tune until it dies. Generic background starts up as rambles. //

"Great song, right? The original was pretty good, too, but I don't think you'll want to hear it right after the remix. Maybe some other day, eh? In the meantime, here's another to go along with the theme of 'mixes'. Flume brings a remix of 'You and Me' by Disclosure.

"Man, that's a good song. I could probably run it on repeat forever. But for your sake, I won't. Who, besides me, wants to listen to a single love song all day anyway? On the topic of romance, I went off ship for a while to catch some fresh air and saw a strange little apex with an appreciation for trees. I'm talkin' a real appreciation of trees. Isn't that weird? Ahahah, florans must be that guy's wet dream. Anyway, I'm trying to find some sort of club to go to - for some musical inspiration, you know? - and can't find one! If you know a location, let me know in the comments. For now, I'll make my ship my own private club with the catchy vocals of 'Lone Digger' by Caravan Palace."

// The feed blares back to life with the tinny sound of a high hat and doots of a trumpet in the background. DJ Cherry begins to speak. //

"Breaking news, my precious starbabies - a rogue Atlas robot reportedly attempted to go on a civilian slaying rampage after being tampered with a being known only as "Heidrekr Mark 2" on the Nexus. Haven Times details the harrowing event that concluded when none other than Lange Avalice pulled his signature plasma blade. While everything seems to have wrapped up on a relatively positive note, one can't help but wonder how the event was even allowed to unfold in the first place."

DJ Cherry pauses for a moment - likely waiting for input from any listeners - then resumes.

"My money's on gross negligence on behalf of the Atlas Corp., where the prototype was pulled from overstock without proper authorization. Atlas CEO Lloyd released a statement assuring that the person responsible is being dealt with and that the lack of preventive tamper-proof technology is to be addressed. Unfortunately, it's entirely possible that more of the work droids could be compromised and the absence of these security measures is indeed troubling."

"That's not even touching the lack of police presence on Haven as the incident began to unfold, considering the guard that dealt the fatal blow had teleported down from places unknown. This event comes just ten days after a deadly attack where Haven Guard experienced struggles with stopping a belligerent criminal and incurred heavy injury in the process. As the attacks on Haven increase in frequency, the failings of the Guard become increasingly more obvious - to me, at least."

"My advice for those of you that live or frequently visit there is to strap up with your own reliable weapon. Or, perhaps, have a pint and wait for it all to blow over. At any rate, I've got some new grooves for you all - so here's a little song about a failing justice system. Seems to be topical enough, yeah?"

// Cherry’s broadcast comes back to life after another mysterious, lengthy absence of the self-proclaimed DJ. She sounds out of it, higher than a kite but in a relatively good mood regardless. //

Good afternoon, galaxy gals and blackhole bros. Some brand-spankin’ new info tells me that despite these trying times, people are still managing to have their own version of fun. Just minutes ago a Nova was reported to have been strung up on a billboard in Haven, with… nobody really seeming to give a shit why or attempting to help them down. Said Nova cut themselves down not too long later with the aid of their brand fuckin’ cheater.

I’m pretty sure you all already know about the other incidences of unrest on Haven following a dramatic reveal of some sort of puppet government. Protests, riots, general unsafe vibes, etcetera, etcetera. You get it. If not, browse the Nexus. Today’s theme for movin’ grooves is politics. Which, I guess doesn’t sound all that exciting but whatever. Relevancy, yaaaaaay! Here’s Killer Mike with the song Reagan, which coincidentally mentions puppet presidents. Go figure.