8 posts in this topic

The Pitch:
Strange aliens with a rigid caste society and electromagnetic abillities

The Snapshot:
The Kixaxzi (Keeks-acks-zee) are a strange race of putty-like aliens from the planet Delta Cyanis IV (Known by the Kixaxzi as Takiz (Tah-keez). They have a very rigid caste-based society, lead by the Kixaxzi “Intellectuals” and “Mothers”. Various other castes maintain their colonies, also known as “Hives”, such as the “Collectors”, whose main job is to collect natural resources for the hive, or the “Miners” which break down volcanic rock and gather inorganic resources.

The Kixaxzi’s biology is largely a mystery. Their body is made up of a strange, white, putty-like material, which appears to be made from fungal material and flesh from other creatures. Somewhere on their body is a round orb, which gives off high amounts of electricity, and is thought to hold their bodies together and for use in movement. They do not appear to have any typical senses, instead relying mostly on electroreception, similar to sharks and rays, but at least 100x more sensitive.

The Kixaxzi are lead primarily by the help of a “Mother Kixaxzi”. The Mother Kixaxzi is often found in the center of a hive, and sends out a constant electric pulse, which can easily override lesser Kixaxzi and force them to stay in line with the hive. It is unknown if Kixaxzi near the bottom of the hive’s hierarchy can even function without the help of the Mother Kixaxzi.

The only Caste in the Kixaxzi’s hierarchy that is not constantly under the control of the Mother Kixaxzi are the Intellectuals. The Intellectual Kixaxzi are allowed to think on their own, and act as ambassadors of their hive and as advisers to the Mother. They are similar to philosophers and scientists of other races, pondering the many questions the universe and their own existence brings to them.

Pictures:

hKE8eqm.png8owu9fv.gifuuzN3Qt.gifUegZwcQ.png

| Examples of some Castes (Ignore the old name)  |  an Intellectual | a Collector |  a Worker (Sorry no GIF)
Co-signers:

@zecon125

@Stupid Internet Guy

@Pandaxe_

I would like to Cosign. I would also like to offer my services for purpose of spriting.

Now that's something with a very original appearance and kind. I cosign

cosign i'd love to play one of these fidget spinner like creatures :chuckle:

Hey there @Cereal-Chan, let's start.

On 5/16/2017, 10:59:12, Cereal-Chan said:

"Their body is made up of a strange, white, putty-like material, which appears to be made from fungal material and flesh from other creatures."

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and doesn't quite work. You could honestly leave it at just 'putty' and keep it anomalous, if that's what you want. Other than that I don't really see any issues.

~Pending~

16 hours ago, Nemo said:

Hey there @Cereal-Chan, let's start.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and doesn't quite work. You could honestly leave it at just 'putty' and keep it anomalous, if that's what you want. Other than that I don't really see any issues.

~Pending~

That's fine, what the putty is made of doesn't matter really.