• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.

//A signal from space.//

156 posts in this topic

//On an asteroid, trapped in space, a signal would call out and attempt to intercept anyone within the Fringe.//

asteroid.thumb.jpg.0676176bdeea3b1002ab6

// Someone within the Fringe would look at the signal/message, whatever the fuck it is //

((Diode? I'm pretty sure that says diode. Whyyyy?))

//After intercepting the message, a large, sleek black ship would appear over the asteroid, only noticeable against the never-ending starry night sky thanks to a few select markings: a white seagull eclipsing a blue sun on one side of the ship. Seems someone received the call... Did they manage to translate it?//

1 minute ago, Deleted said:

((It's time.))

1 minute ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//After intercepting the message, a large, sleek black ship would appear over the asteroid, only noticeable against the never-ending starry night sky thanks to a few select markings: a white seagull eclipsing a blue sun on one side of the ship. Seems someone received the call... Did they manage to translate it?//

//The large asteroid looked completely normal from the outside and would drift slowly through space; if further investigated there would be a few holes- one emitting a light blue light from inside the asteroid.//

1 minute ago, ZachChase said:

//The large asteroid looked completely normal from the outside and would drift slowly through space; if further investigated there would be a few holes- one emitting a light blue light from inside the asteroid.//

//Whoever was piloting the ship would attempt to see if it was possible to beam down, or to beam whoever was down there up.//

7 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//Whoever was piloting the ship would attempt to see if it was possible to beam down, or to beam whoever was down there up.//

//Zero signs of life were found on the asteroid. Attempting to beam down would bring them on the outside of the asteroid which was vast, but empty.//

55 minutes ago, Deleted said:

((It does indeed say Diode.))

//The pilot of the ship attempts to send a message back before beaming down://

"•• / –•–• ––– –– • / •• –• / •––• • •– –•–• •"

After a few moments, a fairly tall man in a black armored spacesuit beams down onto the asteroid, near to the hole where the blue light is emitting. He attempts to walk towards said hole with light.

@ZachChase

17 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

((It does indeed say Diode.))

//The pilot of the ship attempts to send a message back before beaming down://

"•• / –•–• ––– –– • / •• –• / •––• • •– –•–• •"

After a few moments, a fairly tall man in a black armored spacesuit beams down onto the asteroid, near to the hole where the blue light is emitting. He attempts to walk towards said hole with light.

//Shortly after a response would be sent.//

"•––• • •– –•–• •/•• •••/-• --- -/-- -•--/-- --- - •• •••- •" "-••• ••- -/-•-- --- ••-/•- •-• •/ ••• •- ••-• •"

//The hole would be too small to fit through, but it would prove that the asteroid was hollowed out.//

46 minutes ago, ZachChase said:

"Peace is not my motive." "But you are safe."

The shadowy armored spaceman would think these words to himself, wondering whatever this could mean. He'd look around the asteroid for some opening he could actually access, scanning for crevices or perhaps any unnatural formations in the rock.

((For some reason, my computer glitched out on me and won't let me type in my action otherwise for this post))

1 hour ago, EPS-Reborn said:
2 hours ago, ZachChase said:

"Peace is not my motive." "But you are safe."

The shadowy armored spaceman would think these words to himself, wondering whatever this could mean. He'd look around the asteroid for some opening he could actually access, scanning for crevices or perhaps any unnatural formations in the rock.

((For some reason, my computer glitched out on me and won't let me type in my action otherwise for this post))

hologramdiode.gif.4281d3e002f60151a3c245

//If they'd search thoroughly they would soon find a metal hatch in the ground, pulling up would reveal that a part of the ground was fake and opened a trap door. Down below lead a latter to a long corridor with narrow halls, stone walls littered with carvings decorated the scene. Carvings of shields with wings, a sword, a staff and a bow and arrow covered the walls and ceiling. Throughout this hall were metal crates all of which were empty and void of life. Down, down down at the end laid a large control panel and several ancient pieces of communication hooked up at the back wall that displayed a hologram of a sword.//

2 minutes ago, ZachChase said:

hologramdiode.gif.4281d3e002f60151a3c245

//If they'd search thoroughly they would soon find a metal hatch in the ground, pulling up would reveal that a part of the ground was fake and opened a trap door. Down below lead a latter to a long corridor with narrow halls, stone walls littered with carvings decorated the scene. Carvings of shields with wings, a sword, a staff and a bow and arrow covered the walls and ceiling. Throughout this hall were metal crates all of which were empty and void of life. Down, down down at the end laid a large control panel and several ancient pieces of communication hooked up at the back wall that displayed a hologram of a sword.//

//The armored man, the sucker for mysterious stuff that he was, followed all this until arriving at the hologram with the sword. He'd look around for any signs of movement. He'd glance over the communication devices, looking for the place where the morse code message had been sent out.//

14 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//The armored man, the sucker for mysterious stuff that he was, followed all this until arriving at the hologram with the sword. He'd look around for any signs of movement. He'd glance over the communication devices, looking for the place where the morse code message had been sent out.//

//A few machines would be the source of the morse code- they'd begin to emit a buzzing noise that shifted into electronic gibberish, the sounds made strange vibrations and it soon morphed into many different langauges before it said something distinguishable.//

"Is this the frequency you speak?"

//It would continue to keep attempting to speak in other languages and sounds until it's question was answered.//

1 minute ago, ZachChase said:

//A few machines would be the source of the morse code- they'd begin to emit a buzzing noise that shifted into electronic gibberish, the sounds made strange vibrations and it soon morphed into many different langauges before it said something distinguishable.//

"Is this the frequency you speak?"

//It would continue to keep attempting to speak in other languages in sounds until it's question was answered.//

//Surprised that he could hear things on this asteroid - perhaps there was some thin level of oxygen in this vicinity, but who knows how that was possible - the armored man speaks through some kind of microphone-like mechanic mechanic://

"Yes. Are you 'Diode'?"

1 hour ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//Surprised that he could hear things on this asteroid - perhaps there was some thin level of oxygen in this vicinity, but who knows how that was possible - the armored man speaks through some kind of microphone-like mechanic mechanic://

"Yes. Are you 'Diode'?"

//The machines hum of processing would end as the man confirmed the language for it.//

//The hologram would flicker, gliding across to hover in front of the figure- the sword was as big as them and seemed impossible to wield, especially since this one was a projection.//

"I am the sword of legend- as they say."

"Of four-arms I am only one; possibly the only one left."

"Though I am also the key to a great treasure; more than can be imagined."

"That is what I know." 

"What do you know?"

//The light-blue hologram would continue to hover patiently, staring at the man with nonexistent eyes.//

1 hour ago, ZachChase said:

//The machines hum of processing would end as the man confirmed the language for it.//

//The hologram would flicker, gliding across to hover in front of the figure- the sword was as big as them and seemed impossible to wield, especially since this one was a projection.//

"I am the sword of legend- as they say."

"Of four-arms I am only one; possibly the only one left."

"Though I am also the key to a great treasure; more than can be imagined."

"That is what I know." 

"What do you know?"

//The light-blue hologram would continue to hover patiently, staring at the man with nonexistent eyes.//

//A roughly 5'10" tall sword. Neat. The man would stare back at the sword-o-gram before saying://

"I know that I know very little."

"I know how to track, how to hunt, how to travel, how to survive, and how to endure. Especially in darkness."

"My name is Valerius Alogon, or 'Unutterable Strength.' I am - or, was - the ShadowHunter Moonlighter."

"However, it is not I that seeks you... But another who was occupied up until recently. I am merely the forward scouting party."

//About the same time as he says this, another ship appears over the asteroid, resembling that of a Novakid's. The one who beams down is a glowing cyan man with metal claws and a naval coat, who follows the same path as Valerius did just moments ago. He must not need oxygen to survive, as he has taken no spacesuit-related precautions that Valerius did.//

9 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//A roughly 5'10" tall sword. Neat. The man would stare back at the sword-o-gram before saying://

"I know that I know very little."

"I know how to track, how to hunt, how to travel, how to survive, and how to endure. Especially in darkness."

"My name is Valerius Alogon, or 'Unutterable Strength.' I am - or, was - the ShadowHunter Moonlighter."

"However, it is not I that seeks you... But another who was occupied up until recently. I am merely the forward scouting party."

//About the same time as he says this, another ship appears over the asteroid, resembling that of a Novakid's. The one who beams down is a glowing cyan man with metal claws and a naval coat, who follows the same path as Valerius did just moments ago. He must not need oxygen to survive, as he has taken no spacesuit-related precautions that Valerius did.//

//The sword hovered silently; still before the voice rang.//

"I am the Diode."

"If you are willing to take lives for riches and power- I'd recommend searching for me."

"I have not seen any others here in quite some time."

//The hologram hovered back towards the machine, resting on top of it.//

//Now Lost had entered the room, while Valerius just stared at the hologram. Seems Valerius had been giving Lost a camera feed, given how easily Lost managed to navigate the place.//

"Did he really just say willing to take lives for riches and power? Please tell me that was just the camera malfunctioning."

//Valerius just sighed.//

"That is what the sword said, yes. Unfortunately, it also gave no leads as to where we might start looking."

"Well, I suppose we could try some of these crates," Lost said, "Although, if he asked us to 'search for him,' did he mean go to other places, or just in this junk heap of old, abandoned tech? What is this, the Fringe's version of the lair with the lamp from Aladdin?"

//Valerius and Lost would each try to open a different crate, if allowed.//

7 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

//Now Lost had entered the room, while Valerius just stared at the hologram. Seems Valerius had been giving Lost a camera feed, given how easily Lost managed to navigate the place.//

"Did he really just say willing to take lives for riches and power? Please tell me that was just the camera malfunctioning."

//Valerius just sighed.//

"That is what the sword said, yes. Unfortunately, it also gave no leads as to where we might start looking."

"Well, I suppose we could try some of these crates," Lost said, "Although, if he asked us to 'search for him,' did he mean go to other places, or just in this junk heap of old, abandoned tech? What is this, the Fringe's version of the lair with the lamp from Aladdin?"

//Valerius and Lost would each try to open a different crate, if allowed.//

//The Diode stared at the two, unsure if what they were looking for would be satisfied.//

"I am not here."

"I am below, the planet- a jungle should be there, trapped in a castle by a Glitch."

//Most of the crates were empty filled with broken android parts and a few other random parts such as feathers.//

2 minutes ago, ZachChase said:

//The Diode stared at the two, unsure if what they were looking for would be satisfied.//

"I am not here."

"I am below, the planet- a jungle should be there, trapped in a castle by a Glitch."

//Most of the crates were empty filled with broken android parts and a few other random parts such as feathers.//

"Then I'm guessing that 'Glitch' is a king of some sort?" Lost sighs. "You know what? Fine. This wouldn't be my first mission infiltrating a Glitch kingdom. What's the Glitch's name? Is he someone I can talk to without raising my voice, or is he kind of an asshole?"

4 minutes ago, EPS-Reborn said:

"Then I'm guessing that 'Glitch' is a king of some sort?" Lost sighs. "You know what? Fine. This wouldn't be my first mission infiltrating a Glitch kingdom. What's the Glitch's name? Is he someone I can talk to without raising my voice, or is he kind of an asshole?"

"He is a forger- one of three that used to be; and ruled that castle as lords."

"I forged this sword I am now, the other three built arms of their own."

"A vess- ...a shield."

//The voice slowed for a moment before correcting itself.//

"A staff."

"A bow."

"His name is Percent10." "He is respectable, which is why he's the only one left."

12 minutes ago, ZachChase said:

"He is a forger- one of three that used to be; and ruled that castle as lords."

"I forged this sword I am now, the other three built arms of their own."

"A vess- ...a shield."

//The voice slowed for a moment before correcting itself.//

"A staff."

"A bow."

"His name is Percent10." "He is respectable, which is why he's the only one left."

"... I've heard of these. They're the legendary Glitch Artifacts." He turned to the sword hologram. "Tell me something, Diode. Why do you seek a wielder? What is it you hope to gain from us, in return for gaining your power?"

"And do you think he'll be willing to bargain for it? If Lost's research isn't just total myth, there's bound to be... Well, difficulty in bargaining with this... 'Percent10'."

Lost nods. "It is said that whoever wields the sword - well, you, Diode - hears the voice of God Himself. So I'm pretty sure that, unless Percent10 is either dead or just tired of listening to God yapping in his ear, he's not going to hand it over just because we yell out, 'Trick or Treat!' or whatever."

//Something responds to the signal. It responds by sending a single unit. A small, black drone arrives at the asteroid, not seeming to mind the airlessness of space.//

alpha_drone_by_pinkbat5-db9fp1z.png

//It quickly descends, moving to one of the nearby asteroid's holes- and trying to peer through.//