• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.
    • ~ Remember to Vote for the Server! ~   07/05/2016

https://starbound-servers.net/server/185/
    • -= To all New Players =-   10/02/2016

Welcome to Galaxy Citizen, new player! Feel free to introduce yourself, and read our guides on RP if you need to, check out our lore and get a feel for it, and remember to contact any of our staff if you need anything. GC is a serious roleplay server which means we cater to users who enjoy immersive roleplay both on the server and even off of it. Remember to read our rules for both OOC and IC matters and to be courteous to others. Other than that, to get started, just go to the Outpost and check out the Two-Stop teleporter for our list of player-made hubs - you can also spawn your own hub teleporter by going into singleplayer, and after typing /admin, doing '/spawnitem 2stoptele' and placing it.  If you like it here a lot, remember to vote and help us keep up! also, remember good grammar

~  @PrivateNomad, friendly neighborhood CM
    • =Current Weekly Update=   03/11/2017

• New Discord!   04/28/2017

For various reasons, we've moved to a new Discord. Follow this link to gain access. Just a note, the Dark Citizen rank is no more, as Discord has new rules about NSFW chats. It'll now ask you to confirm you are 18+. https://discord.gg/qqaN8pG

My Wonderful Trip to Haven

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This would be posted on a simple social media site under the alias "SpearChucker". Anyone reading the posted update would quickly discern that the person was talking about New Haven.

"So floran decided against his better judgement to visit 'civilization' after months of hunting in the wilds. Floran tried to think of good meat man colony to visit. Was not going to be stupid desert colony run by cuck robed parasite and the verse wide mistake that is his rotten mate, so floran go to New Haven. Lots of meat men praise as shiny beacon. Now this floran likes his shinies so he go."

"Floran beam in, and had to admit was impressed. City was not dirty and filled with toxic air. Was clean, and so very, very pretty. Floran even saw tree. Was ancient tree. Could feel it's life force. Touched tree. Was a good tree. But not a couple minutes in and Floran accosted by an armored, helmeted man. He not like how floran dress he said. Floran was covered though. He had furs around his waist and over shoulders. Not good enough he said. Should cover more. How much more Floran asked. Not get straight answer. This go back and forth. Seemed silly to wear armor for Floran. Could be seen as threat. How much did Floran need to cover? Could New Haven citizens and visitors not wear shorts or go shirtless? Did more than mating parts need to be covered? Which ones? Shoulders? Neck? Face? Stomach? Floran thought he was well off enough, but vague, unlisted laws and precedent disagreed. Guard said this was 'civilized' city. Whatever -that- meant. Floran was arrested without fight. His rights not listed. Probably didn't have any."

"Nice glitch female there listening to this. Was so disgusted by scene she took off her pants in protest. She get arrested with Muwaybi. We become jail buddies."

"Jail had legless man who shouted mean things. He probably get arrested for not having pants too, so Muwaybi forgive him. Glitch woman was also there. She refused to wear prison pants. We did not get call. We did get to fill out report though about stupid guard though and his silly arrest. Probably not even get read, but Floran practice penmanship. Eventually important people come to visit us. Avian with big eyes; robed man with stick. And man servant with stinky smokes and booze. They ask why we here. Floran tells them, and this gets interesting."

"They argue with Floran and glitch lady about the righteousness of their cause. 'You look like a gay stripper', owl man tells Muwaybi. Floran not even know what that is. 'Where I come from, people wearing short shorts were executed.' Good for you? Then owl man says he has seen people wearing loin clothes where he come from. So... Is it okay Floran wear furs then? Eventually, owl man admits they have no reason to even keep Floran there, making arrest pointless in first place. They tell glitch lady that if she put on own pants, Floran can go free. Excuse you, did not just say had no reason to even keep Floran there? Legless prisoner gets viciously beaten for yelling out 'plant ******'. Floran and glitch lady go free after she puts her pants back on."

"Floran walks outside, smelling fresh air and feeling sun on skin again. Hears gunshots. Fight breaks out on New Haven. Floran beams out. Is all uncivilized savages."

Edit:

"Oh yes. Owl man said two reports not necessary. Will shred the other one. He is busy man he said. Has busy things to do like drink and smoke things from his man servant and beat mentally ill people without legs. Floran understand though. We can't all be bothered to do our job sometimes, so we might as well not."

Edited by TsundereCactus
Adding an edit

1 hour ago, TsundereCactus said:

cuck

(( 2016 slang, post disregarded ))

20 minutes ago, Hjalmar said:

(( 2016 slang, post disregarded ))

((That is an interesting point. In an age of widespread internet media, does one not think that slang and memes would become firmly established as regular speech or expanded upon? Cuck is shortening of cuckold or cuckolded, making that particular statement viable. Certainly more viable than the idea of a multi colonial Islamic caliphate getting -any- sort of traction to have the power displayed on this server. Or a super parasite that doesn't actually have any weaknesses when you read the fine print and plot armor thicker than the player report board. Or a branch of the USCM led by satanic worshipping gothic loli girls. Or the fact that every female character is a sex hungry pansexual))

6 minutes ago, TsundereCactus said:

((That is an interesting point. In an age of widespread internet media, does one not think that slang and memes would become firmly established as regular speech or expanded upon? Cuck is shortening of cuckold or cuckolded, making that particular statement viable. Certainly more viable than the idea of a multi colonial Islamic caliphate getting -any- sort of traction to have the power displayed on this server. Or a super parasite that doesn't actually have any weaknesses when you read the fine print and plot armor thicker than the player report board. Or a branch of the USCM led by satanic worshipping gothic loli girls. Or the fact that every female character is a sex hungry pansexual))

((have you actually beem on the server or))

1 hour ago, TsundereCactus said:

((Certainly more viable than the idea of a multi colonial Islamic caliphate getting -any- sort of traction to have the power displayed on this server. Or a super parasite that doesn't actually have any weaknesses when you read the fine print and plot armor thicker than the player report board. Or a branch of the USCM led by satanic worshipping gothic loli girls. Or the fact that every female character is a sex hungry pansexual))

((are you okay))

2 hours ago, TsundereCactus said:

Edit:

"Oh yes. Owl man said two reports not necessary. Will shred the other one. He is busy man he said. Has busy things to do like drink and smoke things from his man servant and beat mentally ill people without legs. Floran understand though. We can't all be bothered to do our job sometimes, so we might as well not."

//User HighGuardianOfficial posts a picture of an organized desk with stacks of paper on it, and an open filing cabinet labeled "ACTIVE CASES", full of files that have their names blurred out//

Shit, you're right. I'm not a busy person and got plenty of time on my hands.

I also don't smoke.

((You know Juggleman? I appreciate that question, I do. No... I suppose I am not.

I'm tired man. Tired of the drama and shady stuff that goes on here. Tired of the nonsensical nonsense that seems to permeate the behavior of people not only IC, but OOC as well. Especially the OOC. Tired of (-some- not all of) GC staff that for all intents and purposes look like a bunch of nepotistic children on a power high. On a rp server. Tired of the meta. Tired of problems being swept under the rug. Tired of people getting away with some really shitty stuff.

Man I want to have -fun- roleplaying. I want to develop my writing skills. I don't want to beam in and see three people forming a totem pole with their character models or burying themselves underground and not rp. I am tired of some of the base lore of starbound getting dropped "because Chucklefish doesn't know how to lore" and then get overshadowed or even replaced by player generated content that is objectively worse and self-serving. I am tired of people rping characters to garner power server-wise, and not roleplay their character as if they were an actual person with realistic goals, behavior, and expectations. I am tired of plotlines getting railroaded to the interests of only certain groups of people.

Most of all, I am tired of the toxicity of this community. Hjaalmar contributed nothing to this post that got derailed due to the OOC. My character makes a centuries old reference? And that is considered more problematic to what I view as some of the examples I gave above. There is no consistency to the theme of GC, and it makes it extremely frustrating to be a part of it. So why bother? That is the question I asked for months before finally hopping on again and this happens.

I don't want to be that guy okay. But I feel like I have to be on the defensive constantly for really petty reasons. It doesn't surprise me that people leave here or that the technician went off the deep end and tried to take the server down with her.

But thank you for the concern... I just needed to vent a little I guess.

24 minutes ago, TsundereCactus said:

-snip-

(( You called Apple a her and that reflects about how much you know of what is going on. Nobody derailed this thread but you with that ridiculous long reply to his simple one liner. ))

Or a super parasite that doesn't actually have any weaknesses when you read the fine print and plot armor thicker than the player report board.

(( Excuse me? ))

(( remember to use // // around nexus posts ))

34 minutes ago, TsundereCactus said:

((You know Juggleman? I appreciate that question, I do. No... I suppose I am not.

I'm tired man. Tired of the drama and shady stuff that goes on here. Tired of the nonsensical nonsense that seems to permeate the behavior of people not only IC, but OOC as well. Especially the OOC. Tired of (-some- not all of) GC staff that for all intents and purposes look like a bunch of nepotistic children on a power high. On a rp server. Tired of the meta. Tired of problems being swept under the rug. Tired of people getting away with some really shitty stuff.

Man I want to have -fun- roleplaying. I want to develop my writing skills. I don't want to beam in and see three people forming a totem pole with their character models or burying themselves underground and not rp. I am tired of some of the base lore of starbound getting dropped "because Chucklefish doesn't know how to lore" and then get overshadowed or even replaced by player generated content that is objectively worse and self-serving. I am tired of people rping characters to garner power server-wise, and not roleplay their character as if they were an actual person with realistic goals, behavior, and expectations. I am tired of plotlines getting railroaded to the interests of only certain groups of people.

Most of all, I am tired of the toxicity of this community. Hjaalmar contributed nothing to this post that got derailed due to the OOC. My character makes a centuries old reference? And that is considered more problematic to what I view as some of the examples I gave above. There is no consistency to the theme of GC, and it makes it extremely frustrating to be a part of it. So why bother? That is the question I asked for months before finally hopping on again and this happens.

I don't want to be that guy okay. But I feel like I have to be on the defensive constantly for really petty reasons. It doesn't surprise me that people leave here or that the technician went off the deep end and tried to take the server down with her.

oh

Certainly more viable than the idea of a multi colonial Islamic caliphate getting -any- sort of traction to have the power displayed on this server. 

(( uh ))

50 minutes ago, TsundereCactus said:

((Ok, so, let's go down the list.

1) What "shady" stuff?

2) Provide some examples of the GC staff looking like "nepotistic children on a power high", please.

3) What meta, what's getting swept under the rug, what're people getting away with?

4) People do what they want, you can't stop that. Just because someone has noclipped underground to just watch the rp means nothing about the overall state of the server. If a little OOC fun bothers you so much, you're probably in the wrong place.

5) We made our own lore because we weren't satisfied with what Chucklefish provided. If you don't like our lore, then you're probably in the wrong place. I don't see how any of it is "self-serving" either, some examples would be nice.

6) The thing is, people RPed out getting power. This is the result. Not everyone plays Joe-Schmo #304, and that's fine because it'd honestly get boring. This is how conflict starts.

7) Again, an example of how "plotlines have been railroaded to the interests of certain people" would be nice.

8) While Hjal certainly could've been nicer, your response was completely unwarranted, taking (factually incorrect) potshots at the ICIF and the Shin when they had nothing to do with any of this.

9) If you don't like the setting or theme, then this probably isn't he server for you, sorry.

10) People have valid reasons for leaving, which we respect. Apple's change was sudden, yes, but the fact that numerous people were willing to step up to plate after they left should serve as a testament to how many people still enjoy GC.

All in all, most of these accusations are completely baseless. You've only been back for a little bit, why not actually look around before getting upset. In the end, GC is just a starbound rp server, one of many. No need to take things so seriously. If you feel the need to respond to this, do so in a PM. I'm locking this topic for now, before a real serious argument starts.))