• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.

/// The Atlas Corporation. ///

47 posts in this topic

[ CURRENT MEMBERS OF ATLAS DO NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY FOR THIS NEW PAGE. ]

[ New faction page because the old one is clogged as fuck and it makes my life harder, trying to control applications. So, I'm bundling the third rework with a new page. Ta-da.]

[Atlas currently has 60 active members, we are the biggest faction in the history of the server. Our Roster.]

[This faction is being created from scratch with custom items, hubs, clothing, armor and weapons. Things take time to do.]

nmurKCF.png

The Atlas Corporation.

"Audentis fortuna iuvat."

-Who we are and what we do-

The Atlas Corporation is the resurrected legacy left behind by three previous leaders of The Atlas Federation, which was partially housed here in the Fringe. Those who remember us as the Atlas Federation should know that this is no longer the case.

The Atlas Corporation is a capitalist establishment, dedicated to pushing the boundaries of modern technology for the good of the Fringe, and only the Fringe. We trade, we manufacture, we market, we innovate, we industrialize.

-Our Plans-

The main goal of the Atlas Corporation is to bring as much industry as possible into the Fringe, using only the potential of the Fringe.  For far too long, have the companies operating in the Fringe came only from Civspace, to enact their regulations on our free people. The Atlas Corporation believes that the true key to establishing a reliable industry here is to rely on the people whom'st inhabit the area. The Fringe should decide the Fringe's fate, not those who come from Civspace. Atlas stands here as an 'all-Fringe' company, ready to serve.

With the recent rise in Atlas stocks, delivering profit to our shareholders will also be a pillar in our operation.

-The Method of Our Actions-

Throughout recent history, the Fringe has had many prevalent organizations, though the ones that seemingly take the helm of notoriety most often are the ones with the largest military population. Private Military Companies have dominated the skies we inhabit before but those looking only for work not behind the muzzle of a rifle have gone unheard, through the thunderous roars of battles being fought over the void, entrepreneurs have hidden, untapped by interested corporation looking to improve the lives of everyone. Capitalism has taken a back seat in a culture spearheaded by militarism. Atlas is attempting to shift the scales to do something productive.

-Our Accomplishments-

In these few months that Atlas has been operating in the Fringe, we have opened numerous factories in many territories across the Fringe, we have created the Milky Way's first habitable station on a gas giant, Atlas has ushered in a new wave of robot, for labor and production and even for function, the future is now. Atlas has many plans to increase our scope and eventually join the ranks of the legends from the Fringe. 

-The Role of the Consumer-

The consumer is at the top of any Capitalist establishment, you set the prices, you set the supply and the demand. Atlas aims to deliver innovative products to our consumers and also provide them with a better life through manufacturing. 

-Our Current Career Paths-

Engineering:

The life-force of Atlas. Our engineering branch consists of mechanics, ship repairmen, chemists, geneticists, roboticists, programmers, designers, armorers, ballistic analysts. In short: it's what we strive to improve the most out of all other branches of expansion in Atlas. The Engineers receive the largest cut of funding to provide the best back to Atlas and to the rest of the Fringe. They are the board that pushes the rest of us forward.

Asset Protection:

Atlas needs to protect itself, so we have a dedicated armed force of people tasked with protecting Atlas' assets and interests. This branch receives the second largest cut of the budget. This branch consists of sapient and robotic forces primarily.

Medical Branch:

People are hurt on the job sometimes and it is Atlas' responsibility to ensure their survival. We have a dedicated medical team of both humans and machines to be certain all of our workers live to tell their tale.

Public Relations Team:

This branch is tasked with keeping things in line in the absence of a leader, they are the ones that communicate decisions and updates to the rest of the company and the ones who spread out name and word throughout the Fringe. They are entirely sapient, as we can only trust a living, breathing person to do this imperative work and allow us to make a good impression on all who come across us.

Civilian Branch:

Added soon after Atlas opened Calypso, the Civilian branch is geared towards those who may not want to be a scientist, who may not want to fight or fix or mediate, they are the everyday folks who operate under the Atlas insignia, they are tasked with running property of ours with positions like servers, janitorial staff, cargo runners, bartenders, because every good establishment needs good staff to back it up.

-Interested in working with us?-

Apply Below.

//Name:

//Race:

//Age:

//Strengths:

//Preferred Career Path:

//Affiliation with any other organizations:

//Additional notes:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

//Name: Elizabeth U. Smith

//Race: Human

//Age: 22

//Strengths: Great at amputations and creating / attaching Artificial Limbs.

//Preferred Career Path: Medical Branch – possibly working in developing new artificial body parts, if possible.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Nope.

//Additional notes: Just recently arrived into the Fringe.

10 hours ago, Elroy Jenkins said:

//Name: Elizabeth U. Smith

//Strengths: Great at amputations and creating / attaching Artificial Limbs.

//Preferred Career Path: Medical Branch – possibly working in developing new artificial body parts, if possible.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Nope.

//Additional notes: Just recently arrived into the Fringe.

// A reply is issued. And a comms link sent.

The Medical Branch is in need of new additions. Audentis fortuna iuvat.

//Name: T-5LR or Tyler

//Race: Synthetic

//Age: AI is coded to be 20

//Strengths: Skilled in combat, planing, and agility

//Preferred Career Path: Asset Protection

//Affiliation with any other organizations: None

//Additional notes: I may do bounty hunter work as a side job, if you need me you can call me in at any time regardless of what I am doing.

//Name: Farren

//Race: Novakid

//Age: 17

//Strengths: Agile, Skilled with Ranged Weapons

//Additional notes: Desperately in need of Employment

//Name: Sobishi

//Race: Hylotl

//Age: 21

//Strengths: Marksmanship, Field medicine, Swordsmanship, Computer-savvy, Associate's degree in Economics.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Sobishi Et Al Protection & Exploration Partnership (SPEP) <Defunct>

//Additional notes: Arrived to Fringe 3 days ago. Past business owner. Supporter of the Ryashi Order.

On 3/1/2017, 3:33:55, NublarRex said:

//Name: T-5LR or Tyler

//Race: Synthetic

//Age: AI is coded to be 20

//Strengths: Skilled in combat, planing, and agility

//Additional notes: I may do bounty hunter work as a side job, if you need me you can call me in at any time regardless of what I am doing.

// Currently, we are not in need of bounty hunting work.

On 3/3/2017, 6:44:13, CupOfJoe said:

//Name: Farren

//Race: Novakid

//Age: 17

//Strengths: Agile, Skilled with Ranged Weapons

//Additional notes: Desperately in need of Employment

// While your age is young for a Novakid, we would be willing to take you on the team so long as you are not too young to be considered a liability.

On 3/3/2017, 9:15:06, Saltydawg said:

//Name: Sobishi

//Age: 21

//Strengths: Marksmanship, Field medicine, Swordsmanship, Computer-savvy, Associate's degree in Economics.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Sobishi Et Al Protection & Exploration Partnership (SPEP) <Defunct>

//Additional notes: Arrived to Fringe 3 days ago. Past business owner. Supporter of the Ryashi Order.

//Why would a supporter of a pacifist Hylotl order want to join the only combat-ready branch of Atlas?

(( Sorry for the late replies everyone, tough week. ))

((Could I have multiple characters apply?))

57 minutes ago, NublarRex said:

((Could I have multiple characters apply?))

(( if you looked at the roster, you'd notice quite a couple of people have multiple characters.))

28 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

(( if you looked at the roster, you'd notice quite a couple of people have multiple characters.))

((Right, sorry to break the immersion.))

On 3/10/2017, 5:56:11, Lloyd said:

//Why would a supporter of a pacifist Hylotl order want to join the only combat-ready branch of Atlas?

//:: <New video message!>

... <Video Loaded>

<The video feed captures Sobishi sitting at his desk in his captain's quarters, dressed in his usual armour. The ship hums in the background - but other than that, it's dead silent.>

<Sobishi> "Mr. Lloyd, my apologies on behalf of my tardiness to reply to your question. I had to leave Fringe for a rather brief period of time to address a few issues with my relatives. On behalf of your question, I would like to assure to you that no matter who I support, I put my job first."

<Sobishi seems to be adjusting his posture and how he's sitting at his desk. His posture relaxes and his hands start playing with a traditional-looking pen.>

<Sobishi> "I do would like to state that I am looking forward to your final decision on my application to Atlas - mainly because it might determine my personal finances in the future."

<Sobishi chuckles at the last part of his statement, trying his best not to cringe, glancing away from the camera for a breif moment.>

<Sobishi> "Uh- overall, I hope to be apart of Atlas, and I do feel that my past business will prove to you that I am more than qualified to obtain the position I'm applying for!"

<Soon the hylotl places his pen to the side and bows his head.>

<Sobishi> "Thank you, Mr. Lloyd, for taking the time to see this message. Have a wonderful day."

//:: <End of video message!>

//Name: Suin

//Age: 24

//Strengths: Persuasive, observing, spearwoman, adept at saxophone. (If that matters.) Good with words.

//Preferred Career Path: Civilian Cargo Runner

//Affiliation with any other organizations: N/A

//Additional notes: Wealthy, ex-lawyer. New to the Fringe, by only a week. Runs own personal trades.

On 3/25/2017, 1:18:30, Niatrek said:

//Name: Suin

//Strengths: Persuasive, observing, spearwoman, adept at saxophone. (If that matters.) Good with words.

//Preferred Career Path: Civilian Cargo Runner

//Additional notes: Wealthy, ex-lawyer. New to the Fringe, by only a week. Runs own personal trades.

//Our line of cargo runners could always use new additions, we have sent you a code to enter our communications network. Upon arrival, please identify yourself.

//Strengths: Mathematics (advanced arithmetic and algebra), Computing, Software and framework programming

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering (Programming)

//Additional notes: Associate's Degree in Business and Economics, and have taken computer science classes.

//Name: Tytius Tennen Tallius

//Race: Avian

//Age: 23

//Strengths: Bachelor's degree in specialized programming. Experience with AI, game, software, and application programming.

//Preferred Career Path: Programming

//Affiliation with any other organizations: No

//Additional notes: I would prefer to work in my own place or office if at all possible.

//Name: Corneille Rainier

//Strengths: B.A. in Aeronautics Engineering, minor work in propulsion tech, and E.V.A. work; 4 years enlisted with various P.M.C.s, fully licensed spaceflight technician/pilot, both commercial and military.

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering, Asset Protection

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Previously, but have separated amicably.

//Additional notes: Elsie asked me to mention her, and Loo agreed. Hi Lloyd~.

//Name: Schaden Vos

//Race: Glitch

//Age: ~125-150

//Strengths: Glitch military veterancy (6 decades), field-trained in mechanical personnel repairs. Graded for heavy lifting and certified in piloting shuttles, drop-ships and small freighters.

//Preferred Career Path: Asset Protection, Medical (Robotics)

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Haven Guard

//Additional notes: This unit works most efficiently with a team or partner.

//Name: Clint Ardzasch

//Age: 27

//Strengths: Tactile situational awareness, proficient in firearms usage, Combative Technician experience, self-taught engineering knowledge

//Preferred Career Path: Asset Protection, Engineering

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Former UACP Policeman, Former Kardan Konstrukt Wardan (now defunct)

//Additional notes: Xexanoth consented that I use her as a voucher to my strengths.

On 3/31/2017, 10:15:06, Raptor said:

//Name: Tytius Tennen Tallius

//Race: Avian

//Strengths: Bachelor's degree in specialized programming. Experience with AI, game, software, and application programming.

//Preferred Career Path: Programming

//Affiliation with any other organizations: No

//Additional notes: I would prefer to work in my own place or office if at all possible.

//Our programming department could use some extra manpower for upcoming projects. We will send you a comms link.

On 4/3/2017, 4:57:44, Data Caskett said:

//Name: Corneille Rainier

//Strengths: B.A. in Aeronautics Engineering, minor work in propulsion tech, and E.V.A. work; 4 years enlisted with various P.M.C.s, fully licensed spaceflight technician/pilot, both commercial and military.

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering, Asset Protection

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Previously, but have separated amicably.

//Additional notes: Elsie asked me to mention her, and Loo agreed. Hi Lloyd~.

//We have heard your name mentioned. We will send comms.

On 4/3/2017, 5:58:25, Schadenfreude said:

//Name: Schaden Vos

//Race: Glitch

//Age: ~125-150

//Strengths: Glitch military veterancy (6 decades), field-trained in mechanical personnel repairs. Graded for heavy lifting and certified in piloting shuttles, drop-ships and small freighters.

//Preferred Career Path: Asset Protection, Medical (Robotics)

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Haven Guard

//Additional notes: This unit works most efficiently with a team or partner.

//Given that our relationship with Haven is seen to be good, we will take you.

On 4/4/2017, 11:07:13, Scarpelius said:

//Name: Clint Ardzasch

//Age: 27

//Strengths: Tactile situational awareness, proficient in firearms usage, Combative Technician experience, self-taught engineering knowledge

//Preferred Career Path: Asset Protection, Engineering

//Affiliation with any other organizations: Former UACP Policeman, Former Kardan Konstrukt Wardan (now defunct)

//Additional notes: Xexanoth consented that I use her as a voucher to my strengths.

//Given your personal ties to some of our members as well as the vouch, we will give you a trial run. Sending Comms.

On 3/28/2017, 8:38:44, Saltydawg said:

//Strengths: Mathematics (advanced arithmetic and algebra), Computing, Software and framework programming

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering (Programming)

//Additional notes: Associate's Degree in Business and Economics, and have taken computer science classes.

//Your application has finally been processed and we are willing to give you a trial run. Sending Comms.

//Name: Aeolus

//Strengths: Particularly proficient in Thruster and Faster-Than-Light Drive repair as well as ship circuitry. Extremely familiar with nearly every part of a ship. 

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering (Ship Repair)

//Additional Notes: Works well in nearly any environment and am not particularly picky with work hours due to freedom of schedule. May have difficulty concerning travel requiring a personal ship.

// This post was deleted. //

//Name: B'vorn-Abor Fresk (Just B'vorn usually)

//Race: Cervidan ((Info page))

//Strengths: Am good with labour-based tasks, such as cleaning, and janitorial work. Could also do some heavy lifting.

//Preferred Career Path: Civilian Branch

//Affiliation with any other organizations: None currently

//Additional notes: I have a large open schedule, often free at most times. Personal ship is on the needing maintenance side. 

//Name: Markus Aleksandr

//Strengths: Military Experience; Knowledge of Small Arms and Engine Maintenance;

Martial and Ranged Combat-Proficiency; Experience in Safeguarding Sensitive Data.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: U.S.C.M. Contractor

//Additional notes: Current Contract with U.S.C.M. has no foreseen conflicts of interest or scheduling.

On 4/17/2017, 10:32:51, Riolux said:

//Name: Aeolus

//Strengths: Particularly proficient in Thruster and Faster-Than-Light Drive repair as well as ship circuitry. Extremely familiar with nearly every part of a ship. 

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering (Ship Repair)

//Additional Notes: Works well in nearly any environment and am not particularly picky with work hours due to freedom of schedule. May have difficulty concerning travel requiring a personal ship.

//We are always looking for new additions to the engineering team.

On 4/18/2017, 1:38:07, TurnWall said:

//Name: B'vorn-Abor Fresk (Just B'vorn usually)

//Race: Cervidan ((Info page))

//Strengths: Am good with labour-based tasks, such as cleaning, and janitorial work. Could also do some heavy lifting.

//Preferred Career Path: Civilian Branch

//Affiliation with any other organizations: None currently

//Additional notes: I have a large open schedule, often free at most times. Personal ship is on the needing maintenance side. 

//Welcome to your new job.

On 4/18/2017, 9:37:00, Itsakaru said:

//Name: Markus Aleksandr

//Strengths: Military Experience; Knowledge of Small Arms and Engine Maintenance;

Martial and Ranged Combat-Proficiency; Experience in Safeguarding Sensitive Data.

//Affiliation with any other organizations: U.S.C.M. Contractor

//Additional notes: Current Contract with U.S.C.M. has no foreseen conflicts of interest or scheduling.

//We will be keeping you under watch in your new position, you can consider yourself hired though.

//Name: Abigail Lautner

//Age: 28

//Strengths: Good Engineer, Conceptualizer

//Preferred Career Path: Engineering, R&D

//Additional notes: Experience with Hardlight and Holographic barrier technology.