• Announcements

• Reminder   04/12/2016

Hello! This is a reminder that just because your roleplay is taking place on the Nexus, it does not mean it is exempt from the rules of GC regarding roleplay. In the case of extremely public places such as the Nexus, making sure you post doesn't break these rules could be even more impertinent than in on-server roleplay. Rules such as, but not limited to the following: Roleplay of a sexual nature must be done in private, and any form of sexual roleplay involving characters that would be considered a "minor" is grounds for a ban. Usage of Unapped Technologies and Races is strictly forbidden outside of 100% fiction, such as Virtual Reality. Activities such as maiming, torture, or other excessively gory or explicit roleplay require consent to be done. Thank you for your time.

// BREAKING NEWS - FLORAN PLANET OF XILAS FROZEN //

19 posts in this topic

// An article is seen circulating around the Galactic Nexus from the Civspace News Agency (CNA), detailing the mysterious destruction of the planet Xilas, a highly populated Floran border colony. This article would be spoken about all over the Nexus, many feeling frightened or dismayed from the tragic loss of life occurring for the first time by a 'disappearing star'. Many would note that this is not the first time this mysterious scenario has occurred, adding to a series of recent events regarding the mysterious 'black outs' of stars in the Milky Way. //

= BREAKING NEWS =

Floran Planet of Xilas Frozen

The Floran Concordat has recently released a report regarding the sudden destruction of the Floran border planet Xilas - sources say that the star surrounding the planet had mysteriously vanished with nothing but a tachyonic burst detected. The absence of the star caused the temperature and gravitation on Xilas to suddenly drop, and before residents could evacuate, it was too late. The massive and vast ecosystem of Xilas including nearly a million Floran civilians have died as the planet froze to nearly -200 C. The Florans of Civspace are deeply saddened by this sudden loss of life from mysterious means, and scientists from all over the galaxy have been inconclusive on what could be causing this. Many now believe that Hyperspace is the cause, but it is not known how.

Xilas was one of the oldest Floran frontier colonies, home to a vast jungle wildlife and a massive Floran population; it was also the site of signing of the first treaty between the Human and Floran races. Upon reporters and Floran scouts investigating the planet, they had discovered the "most terrifying sight [they] had ever seen in their lives". They described "vast white forests of complete frostbites and solid corpses on the ground, bodies curled up and cowered as if in pain." They reported the desolate cities were completely empty, the entire ocean of the planet completely from a mile to the surface and slowly freezing downwards to the crust.

Over fifty leaders in the Floran community and other Civspace leaders have given their condolances to the families of the Florans that are devastated at this tragic loss of life - some more radical Florans are accusing the Hylotl of some destructive trickery, despite High Shōgun Tokūkoto denying any involvement in the star disappearances.

"These accusations against my beloved empire, and in turn my people, are completely and blatantly false! I would rather hand my crown to the vile Blackhelm than desecrate the beautiful stars of this galaxy and murder countless people without honor! Not even the worst man to ever breathe would dare murder millions through trickery - simply, this comes to show how quick the Florans are to accuse based on things they do not understand."

- High Shōgun Tokūkoto, Emperor of Axolotia, during a press conference.

// The article ending, a section would be left for the typical facets of social media. //

// PurgatoryMarine3283_5555 makes a post on one of the social media outlets regarding the topic. //

hell yea kill those plantt fuckers

// User fuckvegetables makes a post on one of the socialmedia sites //

Frozen vegetables are easier to transport anyway.

// Thalass Cissa leaves a post on their own nexbook page, with a link to a news article on the event.  //

My condolences to the relatives of all who died in this bizarre event. Any who say that they "Deserved it" in a show of prejudice against Florans are a disgrace to the galaxy. I hope the scientific community finds a solution soon, before the death of more innocents happen.

//anonymous posts//

The more "radical" florans may have a very good point; the Hylotl are high tech, most of them are very racist towards other species, especially florans, and now a bustling colony world for florans is frozen, leading to the deaths of billions.

Who else gains from that but the Hylotl? They could easily swoop in and rip the planet apart for nigh limitless resources.

// User cherryberry posts. //

wjajt thef ciuk

// Anonymous posts //

Let me break the ice to you, this isn't cool at all. Whoever did this just needs to chill and think about what they are achieving with their cold, heartless lives. 

// End of post //

// The Engineer posts on one of the social media sites \\

Well shit. That ain't cool. How can a star just disappear like that, I doubt anyone has the technology to do that either even with hyperspace.

//User posi3282//

all the people here making plant and ice puns need to hang themselves

//End//

1 hour ago, GamerCharacter said:

Well shit. That ain't cool. How can a star just disappear like that, I doubt anyone has the technology to do that either even with hyperspace.

// Re //

its actually pretty cool

about -200 C cool

/User monstrumFramea leaves a reply./

/well I mean.../

/god/

/that's actually fuckin scary. sorry florans./

/for the record tho i don't think axolotia or whatever's the people who're poofing stars/

/but that shit's still weird./

/End./

6 hours ago, Micronuke222 said:

//anonymous posts//

The more "radical" florans may have a very good point; the Hylotl are high tech, most of them are very racist towards other species, especially florans, and now a bustling colony world for florans is frozen, leading to the deaths of billions.

Who else gains from that but the Hylotl? They could easily swoop in and rip the planet apart for nigh limitless resources.

//Fishfingers://

You are grossly misinformed, and we Hylotl are disgusted at your baseless accusations and fearmongering spectulation. While many of us dislike Florans for their behavior and lifestyle, we would never wish death upon them, especially not to this horrendous extent. Many others could have their vile motives that led them to do this, and benefit from it still. Hold your tongue in the future. 

7 hours ago, WowGain said:

// Re //

its actually pretty cool

about -200 C cool

// The Engineer Replies \\

But it's still pretty chilling

10 hours ago, Yongzhi2000 said:

//Fishfingers://

You are grossly misinformed, and we Hylotl are disgusted at your baseless accusations and fearmongering spectulation. While many of us dislike Florans for their behavior and lifestyle, we would never wish death upon them, especially not to this horrendous extent. Many others could have their vile motives that led them to do this, and benefit from it still. Hold your tongue in the future. 

//anonymous posts//

Yeah, even it weren't the Hylotl  (who, by the way, have a very good history of trying to 'drive us to extinction') someone or something out there has some very powerful technology, and we are formally f.u.c.k.e.d if they begin targeting more civilized systems.

On 28 January 2017 at 3:42:37 PM, GamerCharacter said:

//Reply from GAAAAAAAAAAAARY//

The programmer needs to up his game.I mean,honestly stars disappearing?

((On another note,banner saga much?))

On 1/28/2017, 4:08:52, Pinkbat5 said:

//User posi3282//

all the people here making plant and ice puns need to hang themselves

//End//

//Civ-Space User Vanilla_Ice responds//

>That's pretty harsh, no need to give people the cold shoulder.

Just now, Metraxs said:

//Civ-Space User Vanilla_Ice responds//

>That's pretty harsh, no need to give people the cold shoulder.

//Reply//

hilarious joke, i am absolutely laughing my ass off at your silly pun antics

//End//

//user birdofprey replies//

People really need to take this more seriously. I mean a whole fucking star vanished out of the infinite vacuum of space killing every living thing on each planet orbiting it and plunging all of them into eternal darkness. Whoever wields this technology (because there is no way this is natural) is VERY dangerous I mean imagine if they targeted your home planet without warning killing you and everyone you knew and loved.