Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nemo's RP Suggestions Chpt. 2

2 posts in this topic

Here's part two, because 1 wasn't enough and calling it a guide made me sound pretentious apparently.

This one is about presentation and starting RPs with people. Despite this being aimed towards new people, some of the 'veterans' may need this too.

Lately GC has become a pyramid. The vets are all the way at the top and the 'noobs' are all the way at the bottom. Let's not continue this please. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No RPer left behind. Go talk to that lonely person in the corner. Just do it, especially if you have literally nothing better to do. This gives you RP and pulls someone who may normally be excluded into the light. Win-win.
  2. Get over yourself. Seriously, we were all bad at one point. After RPing for a while, most of us eventually got better. Stop being lazy and selfish, and go RP with some new people. Stop complaining about how "IT'S SHITTY RP" and just do it, people thought the same thing when they RPed with you when YOU were new, but judging by the fact that you have enough of a superiority complex to bitch about low RP quality, they RPed with you anyways and helped you get better. Do the same thing and give back to the community.
  3. Reading is FUNdamental. Read up on the carefully constructed lore. It'll make RP a lot easier and answers a lot of questions you may have. It might also help you avoid accidentally using something that would require an application, or doing something that makes no sense in GC's canon. You could even use the lore to write a neat back story that makes sense.
  4. Start your own plots. From my experience, it's nearly impossible to get involved in someone else's plot without being a cool kid or knowing a cool kid well enough to be cool by association. So, start your own plots for your characters. If you can't think of anything to do with your current characters, then make new characters just for a plot you have in mind to provide some good RP. Make some demand for your plots. You'll not only provide people with their RP fix, you'll feel cool and you'll make some friends!
  5. Augments don't make your character. Don't think your character needs to be able to win a fight to be good. Powerful characters can be shitty too. Only do augments when it would BENEFIT your character, not when it would literally be your character.
  6. Check the forums. A lot of time people will post the start of a RP event on the Nex. If you're looking for some good RP, these events are usually a good place to look. If you preform well, you may make some new friends and become a little bit more well known. You can then use these events as a base for your own events.
  7. Take a trip around the Fringe. Before heading right to CC, maybe check some other hubs. There might be some lonely rebel, defying the norm by avoiding the popular hub. Make them a little less lonely!
  8. Stop being lazy. This is more about a thing I see the "veterans" doing too often. They'll sit around OOCly, being a goof and ignoring all of the RP that could possibly happen. That's fine, do what you want, but then these people complain about never getting to RP. You're not trying. At least try it before you knock it.
  9. Knowledge is power! If you see a new person doing something wrong, help them out and teach them the way you think it should be done. It helps everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun and play nice kiddos.

Yell at me if I missed something.

♥~Love y'all~♥

Edited by Nemo
Note to self: GC text editor is still shit...

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

They'll sit around OOCly, being a goof and ignoring all of the RP that could possibly happen.

Yo that's me!

I'm actually trying to RP again though, so I'm not too problematic I guess...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0